• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

orginal paint

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been restoring a pair of 125 Hydo Cubs. I'm to a point of paint? There are opinions, spray cans no spray can. brushes no brushes, factory orginal paint? Safety yellow, Cat yellow, Sunshine yellow? I have the capability to mix and spray my paint. So that's the way I'm going. Well am I to picky? Does anyone have a paint number for the orginal last 60's yellow paint? I striped all the paint off a hood and there were 2 different color whites. So this cub has been repainted at these once. Does anyone have the orginal White paint number also? Thanks you guys always come though.

Paint codes are here. Correct shade of white is determined by serial number. http://cubfaq.com/paint.html

Since CIH seems to be discontinuing Iron Guard, getting paint mixed like you are will be the only way to get quality paint in the right colors.

This 100 was done with the colors from that table in PPG single-stage. 483 Yellow and 901 White. It looked great.

076_finish.JPG

Paint codes are here. Correct shade of white is determined by serial number. http://cubfaq.com/paint.html

Since CIH seems to be discontinuing Iron Guard, getting paint mixed like you are will be the only way to get quality paint in the right colors.

This 100 was done with the colors from that table in PPG single-stage. 483 Yellow and 901 White. It looked great.

View attachment 157578
According to my painter single stage is the best way to go. He has a PPG chart. Both Ser # are in late 60's.
Your Cub looks great.

Back