• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Francesca

Good afternoon. I own a Cub Cadet 102 from the 1960’s and I’m wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what I should sell it for…
It is located in Door County Wisconsin.

Good afternoon. I own a Cub Cadet 102 from the 1960’s and I’m wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what I should sell it for…
cosmetic condition, mechanical condition, optional features/equipment, etc. make a huge difference, as does location.
more information please, and pictures sure help.
odds are, it *could be* worth somewhere in the three-figures, but we’ll need more information (and ideally, pictures) in order to offer more than a guess.
🚜💨

Sorry, I had trouble with the photo format the first time. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

IMG_3166.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3165.JPG
    IMG_3165.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3164.JPG
    IMG_3164.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3163.JPG
    IMG_3163.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3167.JPG
    IMG_3167.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3168.JPG
    IMG_3168.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 0
Franscesca, IT looks quite good so in So. mich. it might bring around 4 to 500 .If it is running and deck is working.Flat tire does not show well...If still stock it is a 10hp Kohler engine.....running really matters!!!

Francesca, I'm from the old school and want to help a woman who may have limited technical experience. No offense. Guys on this list are like me. Does the engine start? Is there a battery? Likely need new. Big price difference between running/not running.
You have a Kohler K241 cast iron engine, a work horse. Check the oil level, it holds 2 qts of SAE 30 wt oil. The rear of the tractor (transaxle) is greasy, probably an oil leak. It holds 8 pints of 30wt oil, between the grease marks see the bolt, remove it as that is the fill mark. The body is in good condition, no rust that I can see, a bonus. The tire may just have a slow leak.
Clean up the body, the grease, with 409 or somesuch. Buyer wants to see engine/mower running and cleanliness...you'll have a $500 tractor.
Cheers, Jack

Engine oil capacity is 1.5 quarts, and gear drive trans oil capacity is 7 pints.
Francesca, I'm from the old school and want to help a woman who may have limited technical experience. No offense. Guys on this list are like me. Does the engine start? Is there a battery? Likely need new. Big price difference between running/not running.
You have a Kohler K241 cast iron engine, a work horse. Check the oil level, it holds 2 qts of SAE 30 wt oil. The rear of the tractor (transaxle) is greasy, probably an oil leak. It holds 8 pints of 30wt oil, between the grease marks see the bolt, remove it as that is the fill mark. The body is in good condition, no rust that I can see, a bonus. The tire may just have a slow leak.
Clean up the body, the grease, with 409 or somesuch. Buyer wants to see engine/mower running and cleanliness...you'll have a $500 tractor.
Cheers, Jack

That is a pretty nice original tractor!

There is one Cub-spec K241 oil pan. I guess two if you count the deep sump one used on the K301-K341. Maybe yours didn't have the flat one anymore, and somebody changed it to the K301-K341 style? The 102 owner's manual states 1 1/2 quarts, and that's what every K241-powered Cub Cadet I had used.

It is an early 102 with the Ooops pedal....also looks like it was re powered at one time as the muffler would be different. Is it a K301 on the tag by the coil?

The only oil pan for a K241 in a Cub Cadet is KH-237588 (per the Cub Cadet parts lookup), which is "B2" in Jacks Small Engines generic parts diagrams for a K241. Those do not necessarily have the correct part numbers for a Cub Cadet. The CC parts lookup has the correct part numbers for the Cub Cadet application of the engine.

The oil capacity of your 102 and every 102 made is 1-1/2 quarts. Not 2. It's right there in the owner's manual:

1x2_3_lubrication_table.png

The only oil pan for a K241 in a Cub Cadet is KH-237588 (per the Cub Cadet parts lookup), which is "B2" in Jacks Small Engines generic parts diagrams for a K241. Those do not necessarily have the correct part numbers for a Cub Cadet. The CC parts lookup has the correct part numbers for the Cub Cadet application of the engine.

The oil capacity of your 102 and every 102 made is 1-1/2 quarts. Not 2. It's right there in the owner's manual:

View attachment 157604
I'm very aware of the lubrication table. Who is to say that the owners manual is 100% accurate ALL the time, especially after 55 or so years. I'll say it one more time to make sure you understand, the oil capacity of the Kohler K241 engine in my CC102 is 2 (two) quarts. Period.
Jack

Don't know if this helps or stirs the pot more here is what I have: Just for info only!!
Oil capacity: K241: 1.9 L (2.01 US. qt, 1.67 Imp. qt.) K241A: 1.2 L (1.27 US. qt, 1.06 Imp. qt.)
Displacement: 391 cm 3, (23.86 cu·in)
Engine model: K241
Max. horsepower: 10.2 PS (7.5 kW; 10.0 HP) at 3,600 rpm

this thread is officially hijacked beyond recognition.
ResizedP_1719107062371_426302195416072.gif

hang in there, Francesca.
tangental though it may seem, most of the banter on this forum is actually constructive and knowledge-sharing!
🚜💨
-C3

Latest posts

Back