• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

hydro linkage

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do I remove the springs and washers on the hydro linkage on a CC129.
Thank you
Earl LaMott
Take the snap ring off the side of the side of the control cam assembly and take it off.
1721444010200.jpeg

1721444075210.jpeg

I would like to replace the springs, washers and the piece that the unit fits into.
I don"t see how you can remove the C clip with everything in place. Does the hydro need to be moved to get to C clip?
Earl

On a 129 with the tunnel cover off you should be able to reach in with right angle
snap ring pliers and remove the clip.

looked at it and I can see the clip but I do not think there is enough room to get a ring pliers in there and hook the clip. I also wonder that if you can get the clip, is there enough room to pull off the part. I think the frame is too close
Earl

Earl, most recently removed snap ring and trunion parts to repair.Very small snap ring,once you learn how to stand on your head with arms extended you should be able to do it...suggest you put something under machine to catch it in case it slips off pliers...

looked at it and I can see the clip but I do not think there is enough room to get a ring pliers in there and hook the clip. I also wonder that if you can get the clip, is there enough room to pull off the part. I think the frame is too close
Earl
Earl, like folks have said, you can get the snap ring off without pulling the hydro. You will need to take the seat and seat pan off to gain better access. And you will also need a good quality right angle snap ring pliers to do the job. A cheap pair won't work, I've tried. Like Gary, I have done this multiple times. I'll admit it is a bit tight so you will need some patience.

I thank you for all the comments. It sounds like you did not remove the fenders,Is this true? also what size is the clip pliers that you used?

I thank you for all the comments. It sounds like you did not remove the fenders,Is this true? also what size is the clip pliers that you used?
It's easier to get to if you remove the fender/seat pan. And it's a small snap ring pliers.

Latest posts

Back