• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Going from a 50" deck to 60" Haban deck on 982

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keeps the deck from side shifting during turns. Subframe lifts it, this stabilizes it........

I believe you have it turn backwards. It should go between those two short tabs sticking up in the center of the rear of the deck. Then I believe the pin the runs through the mule drive also runs through those two tabs "capturing" in the tabs.

I'm fairly certain the two 45 degree angles fit together. I'll be sure in the next few days as I just sharpened my blades today and will be sticking under the 2072 before this weekend.

Thanks guys! I'll try and monkey with it this weekend. I need to change the oil before I get too far on mounting it.

buttrock.gif

I got the deck on finally. Man is it cool! With the new bearings in, I can't believe how quiet it is. Now all I need is some grass to cut. Thanks for all your help guys!!!
295497.jpg

295498.jpg

295499.jpg

I have more detailed pics if anyone wants them.

What kind of yard roller is that behind your tractor? I really need one and that looks pretty nice.

Nic,
Thanks. It's just an off brand. I have no idea, maybe an old sears. I just painted it up with Cub Cadet colors.
295844.jpg

I might as well stick this here.
The UPS truck came yesterday!
buttrock.gif

I should get the other one mounted tonight.
295856.jpg

295857.jpg

I should be mowing this week end!
1AA_dance2.gif

Shultzie, nice new tires! And nice lawn roller! Wow, you even have a Cub Cadet yellow garden hose.
happy.gif

Shultzie...Great looking tractor! Looks like your ready for any kinda job now. Nice work!

Thanks for the comments guys!
I got the deck dirty Saturday. Man I was very impressed with the way it cut. It seemed like it cut easier than the IH 50" deck. It didn't bog down or clump up the grass. Sorry no action shots.
Anyways I would recommend the Haban any day.
thumbsup.gif
buttrock.gif

296028.jpg

296029.jpg

Just put a H60 on my 2072/982 Special this weekend.......heavy beast!!!!! After some serious wrestling, and few Ibuprofen, I had it on and mowing. Does a very nice job mowing, but leaves about 4 streaks of grass clippings behind the deck.....right side of each blade and the discharge chute. Do they all do that? It's not like it's a bad problem, just odd.

Blades are about shot, so maybe a new set a gators would help????? Anybody run Gators on these?

I prefer the smaller decks but a decent 44c is getting harder to find. I think I need to figure out how to make the newer GT decks work on an 82 series.

GT54 can be shoehorned under a 782......

I could not find Gator blades that fit the H60.

The deck does leave grass clippings behind, especially when it is thick and juicy.

The H60 is a PITA to install, I lift the front of the tractor up with a hoist. I have not had much luck trying to drive over it, it just skids across to floor.

Latest posts

Back