• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Going from a 50" deck to 60" Haban deck on 982

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kshultz

displayname
Shultzie
My winter project is almost done. I need help with the belts. I want to replace the belts on the deck, but I'm not sure if the one that's on the deck is the correct one. I think it might be too short. Please take a look at these pics and tell me if the spring is out of wack.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Posting some other pics to show my progress. Cleaned up, welded up, painted up and new bearings.
So anyway what are the belt part numbers that I need?
294045.jpg

294046.jpg

294047.jpg

294048.jpg

294049.jpg

Belt sizes and part numbers are in the FAQ. That's where I found the number for my drive belt.

The distance (the empty space) from the cotter key to the back of the bracket is 3" on my Haban deck.

Yours looks awesome! Can I drop mine off next?

You probably already know this, but that deck is NOT easy to swap in and out. Nothing like the IH decks. But mine mows really nice even with old blades and pitted underside.

Shultzie..Great looking tractor and work! What brand and model are your rear tires? I really like the looks of them! TIA

For model# 190-374-100... 60" deck or # C60 mower...Deck Belt 21/32 x 114 is #'s HA-14439, 954-3052, or IH # 487046 R1..$56.74 .
mule belt #'s....954-3023 or IH #83642 C1...$56.57
SUPER looking rig!!!

You will have fun getting that deck under the 982.If you have a hoist pick up the front of the tractor and slide it under.They are a PITA to get under.

Mike,
Yeah, I tried to drive over it last year to see what it would look like. All's I did was get pissed.
biggrin.gif
I plan on jacking up the front then hanging it from the rafters. I imagine it'll be fun.
a_blink2.gif

Shultzie, you need a gantry like Richard C. made.

294122.jpg

Nic or anyone for that matter.
How in the h&!! do you get that belt on!??? To me the belt is too short. With the 3" sticking out the spring is fully compressed to a solid and I still can't even come close to putting it on myself with no help. Does it take two people or what?
angry.gif
What's the trick?
1a_scratchhead.gif

My spring is not fully compressed. I'm not sure if Haban had different specs over the years, or maybe a PO changed the spring, or what is going on.

If I remember right, I had to settle for a belt 1/2" longer than spec, but that isn't going to kill the spring. I would just try an inch or so longer belt.

OK guys.
I finally got a longer belt to fit. I had to go two inches longer.
Does this look right?
Can't wait 'til spring now.
1AA_dance2.gif

294871.jpg

294872.jpg

294873.jpg

Man, that sure is purdy!

Looks just like mine now. Spring has a little wave, but not fully compressed. And 3" out the end. Your in business brother!

I hope a few more speak up, to make sure I'm not missing something.

Schultzie--that thing is looking great! I've had my Haban for about 3 years. I absolutely love cutting my lawn with it. The installation is the only thing that is really a pain in the neck. I generally remove the wheels off of the deck and the other stuff holding it on except the locking pins. Then I drive it on to the lawn or gravel drive. That is where I unhook the deck. I then remove the mule drive out the front which leaves just the tractor straddling the deck. The ground then keeps the deck from moving and I can walk beside the tractor and drive it forward right over and off the deck. Then I put the rear wheels on the deck, lift the front and wheel it back to where I'm gonna store it. I will say this, you aren't going to make it a habit to take it off and on a lot. When I had a 54" deck on my 1772, I took it off more frequently. This beast makes it too much of a production. So, it is off in the fall to make way for the Haban hydro turn blade and back on in the spring time again. When I put it on, I do the same thing, roll the deck to a non slick surface, take off the wheels, place a 2x4 on the ground behind the deck and stand beside my tractor while driving it on and over. I tried numerous times when I first got it on my shop floor. The deck would slide all around and I couldn't get the tractor over it. Hence the use of the yard or gravel drive.

Obviously, if you have access to a hoist type apparatus then you could easily lift the front, roll the deck under, and drop it back down.

Joshua,
That's the best explanation yet if you don't have a lift. Thanks!

Anyone,
So does anyone make decals for this deck? I don't even know what decals should be on it.
Thanks.

Hey guys!
I certainly didn't pay attention when I pulled this deck off of the donor tractor. Just how does this fit on here?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Do I have this on right? and how does it connect to the deck? What does it do? I don't see much wear on it.
295392.jpg

Do you put the mule drive on first or attach it to the deck then tractor??????

374 60" Mower, 190-374-100 in the parts tree it goes the other way and holds up the back of the deck.

Latest posts

Back