• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Correct engine mounting bolts for Cub Cadet 1330 with the Kohler Command 12.5 vertical shaft engine

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fhiggenbottom

displayname
Fred Higgenbottom
Our Cub Cadet 1330 lawn tractor with the Kohler Command 12.5 vertical shaft engine started shaking violently and then shredded the PTO belt while my wife was using it. Diagnosing the problem, I discovered that three of the four engine mounting bolts were missing and assumed they had vibrated out somewhere in the yard. In attempting to find the correct mounting bolts so I could replace them I hit a dead end. The internet and even YouTube were uncharacteristically absent that information. Even Cub Cadet 4x4 Country & Cub Cadet in Hendersonville, NC couldn't find the correct size in diagrams that were available to them.

Reluctantly, I removed the remaining engine mounting bolt and took it to Cub Cadet 4x4 Country & Cub Cadet who with a pitch gauge discovered that it was a Hex Cap Screw, M8-1.25 x 25. They didn't carry that size, so I found and purchased four of them with lock washers at the local Home Depot. In attempting to install them I learned how incredibly difficult that task proved. Aligning the blind holes in the engine block to the holes in the frame of my Cub Cadet was a nightmare and after many attempts I could only get two bolts in. To my dismay I discovered the reason for that. The alignment problem was due to the fact that the other two engine mounting bolts had sheared off in the aluminum block. Panic! I learned that the Kohler engines on some John Deere lawn tractors were secured with only two bolts and not wanting to go through the hassle of removing the engine and drilling out the sheared bolts I'm running mine the same way. The mower runs and cuts the grass well, now, but my hope is that it will continue working without damaging the block or frame. Anyone else have successful experience with only two mounting bolts?

Our Cub Cadet 1330 lawn tractor with the Kohler Command 12.5 vertical shaft engine started shaking violently and then shredded the PTO belt while my wife was using it. Diagnosing the problem, I discovered that three of the four engine mounting bolts were missing and assumed they had vibrated out somewhere in the yard. In attempting to find the correct mounting bolts so I could replace them I hit a dead end. The internet and even YouTube were uncharacteristically absent that information. Even Cub Cadet 4x4 Country & Cub Cadet in Hendersonville, NC couldn't find the correct size in diagrams that were available to them.

Reluctantly, I removed the remaining engine mounting bolt and took it to Cub Cadet 4x4 Country & Cub Cadet who with a pitch gauge discovered that it was a Hex Cap Screw, M8-1.25 x 25. They didn't carry that size, so I found and purchased four of them with lock washers at the local Home Depot. In attempting to install them I learned how incredibly difficult that task proved. Aligning the blind holes in the engine block to the holes in the frame of my Cub Cadet was a nightmare and after many attempts I could only get two bolts in. To my dismay I discovered the reason for that. The alignment problem was due to the fact that the other two engine mounting bolts had sheared off in the aluminum block. Panic! I learned that the Kohler engines on some John Deere lawn tractors were secured with only two bolts and not wanting to go through the hassle of removing the engine and drilling out the sheared bolts I'm running mine the same way. The mower runs and cuts the grass well, now, but my hope is that it will continue working without damaging the block or frame. Anyone else have successful experience with only two mounting bolts?
Go here and get that info and more.

https://www.cubcadet.com/en_US/content-asset-page-includes/ari-partstream.html

Latest posts

Back