• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Brake safety switch "paddle" replacement

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welsh

Hello all,
I have a 582 with the safety paddle thingy broken off of the brake/clutch pedal shaft, hence it doesn't hit the safety switch. Does anyone know where to find a replacement? Or maybe any ideas on what kind of spring steel to use to fabricate one? Thank you all very much.

Hello all,
I have a 582 with the safety paddle thingy broken off of the brake/clutch pedal shaft, hence it doesn't hit the safety switch. Does anyone know where to find a replacement? Or maybe any ideas on what kind of spring steel to use to fabricate one? Thank you all very much.
Well, you didn't provide the serial number for your 582 so there are a couple different styles. I did check the parts list and if you have a 582 or 582 Special with a serial number 716,387 and below then it's part no. 932-3000. If your serial number is 720,000 and below (but higher than 716,387) then it appears your part number is 732-3039A.

Here's a pic of part number 932-3000 which seems to be Sold Out on the CC Specialties website. You could contact CC Specialties to see if they have more coming in. You could also contact RF Houtz (also a sponsor) to see if they have a used part. You might also find it available used from the other usual sources. Worst case, if your safety switch has a 2-pin style connector, you could pull the plug connection and place a jumper wire across the 2 connectors (at least you could do this on the older style tractors. I don't know the wiring on a 582). I am absolutely not recommending bypassing a safety switch as a long term fix. This is just a temporary solution so you can move the tractor.
1718734323262.jpeg

Very hard to find. Looking for 732 0r 932 3000 for hours. No one has a new or used one for sale. Good luck with your 582.
Thanks. I think I may have found one from a guy parting out a 582 Special. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, as I'm unsure of my serial number. My clutch shaft still has a broken piece of rolled spring steel on it, so I know it's not the 732 3039a welded bracket type.

Latest posts

Back