• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through October 11, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK new problem on my IH 1000 after putting the clutch in. After it was setting for awhile to me to get around to putting a clutch etc in it. At least a few months.
Well now if I leave the on/off to the gas ON to carb it will drain the whole fuel tank onto the floor while setting over night.
I checked it to see what was happening. So I watched fuel coming around the carb needle inside throat of carb when left on to see where it was coming from. So I am guessing the needle seat is worn, needle or something.
But I find it odd it didnt do this before, only after setting for a few months and now it raised it's ugly head hissing at me with a big grin.

asthanos.gif

Kevin take the handle of a screw driver and tap the bowl half a dozen times, see if it don't quit.

Jerry,
It'll get that, and a whole bunch of other upgrades... I ran a 1 gage wire on both pos and neg for years... stay tuned for info...
headphones.gif

Looking good Scott!! Seems to be a lot of 149 reburbs. going on around the different Cub sites and I'm definitely looking forward to following your work. Mine looks like this now.... Sigh...

214760.jpg

Kraig, thanks. What about the gas tank. I think it's supposed to be yellow too, right? The only things painted white would be the dash, wheels, hood and front screen?

Brad, correct! Everything yellow except the hood, rims and dash which would be white. The fuel tank should be yellow. FYI, the fuel tank was yellow on the Original, 70/100, 71,1x2/3, 72,1x4/5 and 73,1x6/7 series. The fuel tank was painted white only on the 86,1x8/9 series. On the Quiet Line series, and I believe, the 82 series as well, had black plastic fuel tanks.

Chad the gas tank on a 149 is white along with the straps and 2 supports. sorry I had to go back to look at what we were talking I thought it had to do with a 149 (the last picture)

Brad,
If by "the front screen" you mean the mesh grill insert, it was originally cadmium or zinc plated, not painted white.

Good Morning All.
happy.gif

Thank You for the plowing comments. I always think of the high quality parts that I got from Aaron Schmidt when I needed to complete the 3 point on the 782D. I've recommended him to more than one person and I've informed two gentlemen about this site in the past week alone.

There are a LOT of great pictures of Cubbies being repainted. Pat Zeroth's son is going to work on the painting of the 147. Right now I'm leaning towards having the fenders and frame sandblasted since there is rust and at least three layers of paint on some of the parts.

I'm off to work in a little bit. I wish evreyone a beautiful day.

(One more day until the unveiling of my going to the "Dark Side".)

Back