• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through November 26, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ryan, Charlie has been adding stuff on the website. We're actually going to be re-arranging the pages soon so they don't take so long to load.

Trying to get the locking rod out of the lift handle on my model 70. Any pointers? I have it loose, but it drops out a few inches then runs into a cross member on the lift assembly and I can't get past it. Any suggestions greatly appreciated, I want to be ready to move snow!!

Scott R. When I pulled out the lifting rod out of the 102&123, I jacked the front of the tractor up about a foot. That way there is extra room for it to come out.

Jeff: was there a cross member at the bottom that blocked getting the locking rod out? I can drop down about 6" then I run right smack into a cross member that the lift handle is attached to. I just can't get around it...I'm puzzled.

Jeff-
In a word, yea....sorry
uhoh.gif

Thanks to all of you guys for being part of what I have to be thankful for this year. I had some family over today and one of them sees all the cubs and goes, "Wow, you really are into this Cub Cadet thing, eh?" At the time I couldn't explain it, but after thinking about for awhile it's really all about the friendships and networking that makes this "sport" what it is...

Could somebody post a picture of wiring diagram of the 18 hp. k-361 so that I can see were the coil wires go to or do i use and external coil. any info would be a great help. thank you.

BJ -

While many here would probably give their left AND right nuts for a K-361, since they weren't used in Cub Cadet production there's probably not a lot of help on them available here.

Have you thought of taking a look at the Kohler service manual? You can download it from Kohler...

http://www.kohlerengines.com/pdf/TP-1288.pdf

Seems pretty much like any other K-series...

BJ its the same as a K241 through K341. it use's a external coil , + comes from the key switch , neg goes to the points.

Art,
Sorry for the delay. I have been away. The thrower question I had was about needing an image of the lift rod and brackets to use a single stage H48 on my 982. Any help is appreciated.

Dave H.

Nate F. -

I do NOT want to know how you know about that...
lol.gif

Well, figured I'd throw my hat in the wish for snow ring...

14157.jpg

I'm sticking with manual chute control cuz with proper planning, I only have to move the chute 4 times to clear the driveway...

Matt K. -

Here's a better pic of the bracket...

14158.jpg

Nate F. Oh my, any way to make a buck... I think that I will order a few sets of those, after I take my pets to the psychiatrist, then on to the K-nine beauty salon, and from there to my lawyer so that I can sign over my estate to my dogs, should something happen to me... That reminds me, I need to set up their caskets, and buy a plot in the pet cematary....
crazy.gif
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif

To keep this on topic, my friend found an auction around here that has alot of IH farm machinery listed, as well as "cadet with mower and sweeper". Should be interesting to see what it is. He said that he is going to try and attend.

Art, didn't mean to bring back bad memories. Want me to make an appointment for you to see my pet's shrink? :eek:p

A day late...Happy Thanksgiving to all and remember our military, My brother has been over there a year now and might be home next spring.
Dean

ok,ok... my sister works for a veterinarian, we had a good laugh about it the other day. you wouldn't believe the stories she has...

Scott R,
I had one that the threaded part was broke off.
I had to cut the welds that hold the handle to the rockshaft to get it out. I then made a new rod
and welded it back together. I believe that is the way the made them. They put the rod in then welded it together.

B Elliot- Email me and I put you in touch with a place that repairs the starter/generators professionally. And they are extrememly fair priced. He has all the test equipment to test the starters power & function before and after repair. He is located in Evansdale, Iowa. I've had all mine repaired there and most dealers around here send their starters to him for repair. I have one there right now being repaired. I like to keep extras on hand.

Back