• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through May 21, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul -- I'll climb over everything and get to it then give you the specs. Why is everything always pushed to the back .... ?

Some pics of the firehouse and water around noon on Sat.
19015.jpg
19016.jpg
19017.jpg

(Message edited by mmasheris on May 23, 2004)

We got 3.5" overnight here in Traer, Iowa last night. Up Stream about 10 miles West they got 7.5"!
That's coming our way so everyone is helping get stuff out of our low lying golf course!
19019.jpg

19020.jpg

19021.jpg

Good morning all, I too know that feeling of will I be flooded as I live on a creek thus I live in the flood plain. Back in Oct 2003 we had a record rain fall in the last 200 years & I wathched as the creek was riseing quikly. It came up about 12 ft within the day it got so high that it came backwards up the drainage ditch & started to enter my front yard, with the creek at the rear about 4" from cresting my property & home were surounded. By this time it was8:00 pm dark & the response from the city was sorry but you live in a flood plain,with no sand bags I went to move my scout to safer ground ( no cub at this time) & the IH gods made the rain stop & the tide must have started to go out & the water started to move away.
so my moral would be go sit on your Cubs and all will be OK.

Oops, sorry double posted!
Cub fan....

(Message edited by jlang on May 23, 2004)

This sign kind of says it today in this area. Roads & bridges under water & at least one highway bridge on D65 (Dinsdale area) washed out!
19024.jpg

Rain is predicted for another couple days yet.
Well, really glad I live on a hill and don't take water from anyone. May have to help sandbag before this is over though!
happy.gif

Looks like I get a day off from work tomorrow! Can't cross the Turkey river south of town, or at three more places west of town. I'd have to go 2.5 hours around to go what normally is a 45 minute trip. I suppose I could go through Wisconsin but that'd only save me about 10 minutes. At the price of gas right now, 5hr commute + 8hr day = no worky
happy.gif
Bad part is that unless I drive an hour both ways to get sawzall blades or cutoff wheels no Cub stuff to do, can't fish in water that moves faster than the boat.

Good thing I put the Cub inside before all the storms, with all the leaves & branches all over the Cub would be a mess. . . . . . then again it is all metal and I can just hose it off, right Travis
happy.gif

Just heard from the neighbor who's listening to to our county's dispach, dam in Elkader broke. Looks like my favorite steakhouse has about a half hour of life left to it
sad.gif

Heavy rain washed out lots of fences and guys are busy today trying to find their cattle & horses!
happy.gif

19030.jpg

Wyatt, Here's a view South of where you work I think. This is just North of Hudson, Iowa this afternoon. Had to make a parts run. Fixing up my Sweepster.
That is crop residue wahed downstream by the flash flooding. Anyone figured out an easy or fun way to remove the crop residue from ditches & fences?

John-
I work in Dubuque.

Went on a country drive, Turkey River is about the size of the Mississippi near where I live (OK, about half it's size, but that's STILL big). Don't think the water's going to crest until well after tomorrow morning. Bright side is that I did find an 1100 that after being left near the river last night oughtta be the "right price" . . . that is if it doesn't get washed to the Quad Cities.

Well I broke the steering on the loader. I was moving a jetski and snaped the steering arm mounted above the left spindle right in two. My tires lean I've rebuilt the steering gears twice, replaced all the ball joints atleast once some twice, custom made tierod links/bar. I just don't think the front end of the 147 is designed to steer with this type of load on it. What can I do? Anyone have a good fix for this? I don't want to get into power steering as we also have a compact tractor, and bobcat so the time and expense wouldn't be justified. The 147 is perfect for our house on the river, as it just has a small garage just enough for the 147 and a mowing original. You help is greatly needed. Thanks. Owen.

I was given the strangest gift I have ever been given this weekend...not that I'm complaining....

My wife's grandfather gave me a 200bu. barge wagon on a Westendorf gear, complete with hyd. hoist......should be nice and usefull this fall.....but it'll be a long ride back from their house with it (120 miles away)
happy.gif

Went to a tractor car show in WV on Saturday and they had a jet engine(250 HP) set-up on a trailer. The guy has made jet power lawn tractor that I took a picture of the picture. He runs a hydrulic pump off the jet engine and has a hydrulic motor driving a 9" rear.
19032.jpg

19033.jpg

You can see my set up across the street next to the two rail cars. I never seen these ayt a show before but they have a big forum(http://www.narcoa.org/) and they actually get permission to run these on the rail lines. They were both powered by twin Onan engines and the maintiance car can run about 45 mph. The one picture shows how they turn them around. He has a electric screw jack and lifts the car up and just turn it around. They both weigh less than 1000lbs.
19034.jpg

19035.jpg

19036.jpg

Dave, Kraig, Aatay, Rich, Tony and Wes:

My manuals finally arrived (from Binders) and I have been busy fixing all the issues that you have been helping me with over the last month or so.

Because my 129 is blessed with an access panel to the driveshaft, I was able to remove it and pound-out the remains of the sheared pin. Per Dave's recommendation, I used a modified bolt instead of a pin.

Here's the interesting part ... as I was maneuvering the shaft back into place, the entire engine shifted 2-3 inches!!! The culprit behind all of my problems for the last month has been an engine that has not been secured to the frame! That explains the sheared pin and the problems I have had engaging/disengaging the PTO.

Somehow, the planets were aligned as I was able to replace the two bolts that hold the engine in place without much difficulty.

It's beyond me why the bolts were missing. I purchased this tractor from a guy in Pennsylvania a 6-7 weeks ago and never bothered to check that the engine was secured. Thank goodness the damage did not go beyond the things you have helped me with -- so far!

Thanks again!

Eric,

4 BOLTS!!!!!! 2 on the rear corners of the pan and 2 under the front axle in the cross member channel. And...use min. grade 5 bolts with Locktite blue on them, torqued to spec. plus a little. They come out because Kohlers ~v~i~b~r~a~t~e~
happy.gif
happy.gif

Be cautious using the bolt method that Dave described...it won't expand to fit the hole like a spirol pin will and may cause premature wear on the bolt/coupler/shaft. Many people use bolts, and the pullers recommend them; BUT remember, pullers don't mow the lawn every week with their machines and their driveshafts are much better ballanced.

Read those manuals cover to cover and hang around here...in a few weekends you can have that 129 back in full fighting form!!!!!

oh, and for you narrow frame lovers........God bless the removeable frame cover!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

(Message edited by sblunier on May 23, 2004)

Eric C.
A word of caution, the bolts holding the engine to the frame are not all that long, if you use one too long it will punch through the alumnium oil pan and then if the bolt comes loose you will have a leaker or a gusher.

-got frustrated with trying to post the picture in a higher resolution, got it to work and quit.

Either way, I did find a nice frame at CC Specialties with the parts I needed. Also found some weight for my plow, not sure how I'm going to make it work yet, but it's in process.

Latest posts

Back