• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through May 07, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Micheal W:
First place I'd look is the main jet circuit in the carb - it sounds like the idle circuit is OK, but the main jet may be plugged... If that's not it, I've heard people blame a bad coil, cooling fins plugged or a number of other maladies - at which point you do a general A-Z diagnosis (spark, compression, fuel, timing....).

Matt:
8 bucks for a piece of cold roll is hard to swallow after you find out how bad the hardware store stuff actually is (I belong to a couple of lathe groups on Yahoo that discuss that on a regular basis). (and I've bought the stuff, also..).

Charlie:
You there??

Kendall- I always go to the local welding shop and buy my cold rolled steel when I need to make a driveshaft and have them drill the holes for me on the mill. Think the one I had made a couple years ago for the 108 cost me less than $5 total to have done.

Charles G.,

Don't know what the PO was doing with this poor 70 but the deeper I dig the worse it gets. Thinking about just swaping the tranny with one from Chris Westfall. Which shifting fork was broken on yours, I may end up with an extra one.
151407.jpg

151408.jpg

Thanks Kide, Carb is where I'll check first, I was thinking it may be a fuel problem, but you never know. It would take me a week to mow at near idle.
old.gif

tkeefe,
That sounds great, but looking at what gear
that was in the picture I doubt you'll have the correct one spare.
If you have a spare email me.

I have a broken first/reverse fork, A first reverse
with a chipped tooth, second/third with two teeth off,
second gear on the counter shaft has broken teeth
and the main transmission shaft is bent.

I have some of the parts on the way...
an assortment of gears from a guy. I know the 2nd/3rd and main shaft are in there.
I may have some left over I can't use I'll let you know.

I hope the management doesn't think this is a classified. 'cause really I'm intending to just
commisserate with someone else working on their tranny
charles

Thanks Kraig... I know how you guys like your Z nosed ones the QL probably looks funny to y'all! I dont know how common the 3 speeds were in the QL's but this is actually only like the 2nd or third one I have found on craigslist in all the time I've been looking. And I couldnt afford the rest (or the Z's i've seen either)! It sure is a lot nicer riding than my 129!

Michael W - the next time the engine begins to act up, loosen the tank's fuel cap & see if the RPM's restore to normal. If they do, the fuel cap vent is clogged...

you guys are killing me.
i think next time i need a part i will just post it here and ask who has the best price. or can i just make it from stock at the hardware store.

dare i tell you guys what i paid for the clutch driving plate ? it was more then the shaft.
IH-384652-R12.

i suppose you guys make those out of old Frisbees.

Latest posts

Back