• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through June 09, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don, you'll probably have to respray every day for several days. Make sure you get all the points that move including any linkages that could be frozen up. Eventually it'll give.

I was wondering what kind of fluid goes in a 1100 axle? Is it 80w90 or hytran. Also could you replace the spiral pin on the drive shaft for a grade 2 1/4" bolt. If not is cub the only source for those pins. Thanks Jimmy

James, I'm not sure of the answer to the fluid query but I would not use a bolt in place of the spirol pin. The spirol pin can take the shock of the engine firing hammering on it while the bolt cannot and will eventually wallow out the hole in the coupler and/or driveshaft. A few years back, before I knew better, I installed a bolt in place of the spirol pin on my #1 125 and now I have to replace the driveshaft and coupler.
bash.gif
You should be able to get the spirol pin from one of the forum sponsors.

Well no i got the 125 hydro handle unstuck after repeated soakings, she now moves great. i thought i would post the ser # for my lasts 3 Cubs
the 147 150894 April 1966 and the 125 290624 Feb 1969, The O 43541 Oct 1962. now to mount the Carb on my 125 and the mower deck on my 1st O will get a new bearing. Have a great day. Don
ihrotate.gif

Can someone please provide advice on how to re-attach the springs to a snow plow blade?
(one of the few things where getting them off is easier then getting them back on)

Thanks

Don T,
I got a 1650 that had the hydro linkage really froze up. No reverse and only a creep in forward. The spots that were froze were at the bushings in the trunion area. After weeks of PB Blaster it still wouldn't budge so I had to pull the whole rear end and use a gear puller to get the parts to come off. The sad part is that it only took about 30 seconds with some emry cloth to clean the rust off so they would pivot freely. Two hours to pull the rear end and put it back on just so I could spend about a minute to fix the problem. A little maintenance would have prevented that problem. (Of course if the PO had done that maintenance I wouldn't have gotten the tractor so cheap either
shhh.gif
)

Peter, follow the numbered steps (particularly step 2 and 3) in the photo below, ignoring the tractor model reference.

87597.jpg

Hi, i'm new to this forum. I have recently acquired a 1969 Cub Cadet 126. The exterior is in good shape and has good paint, however the motor smokes a decent amount. I got a REALLY good deal on this since it was from a friend so i couldn't resist. i'm not new to old tractors, just Cub Cadets. I attached some pictures of it (lets see if this works). I have a question on the govenor. I used the online kholer manual as suggested in the FAQ's, and adjusted the linkage a bit, but it still seems to be running at a RPM that is a bit too high. Its a little better now, but before it seemed like it was going to explode! Is there any other adjustments i can make? Sorry for the long post, Thanks, Josh
Shift.gif

87607.jpg

87608.jpg

87606.jpg

Joshua, nice looking 126! For starters, I believe the spring should be in this hole:

87610.jpg

BTW, I would not call that a long post and in any case there's no need to apologize for a post of any length.

I can see one drawback to the new couplers - can't weld'em back up (have to use JB Weld
bouncy.gif
....)
(Geez I miss the Grump)

Latest posts

Back