• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through July 17, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TG and Gerry-

My reason is simple enough...I've never had any reason to remove either of those things from any of the couple dozen carbs I have rebuilt.

Me neither (well, except on carbs we were pulling the chokes out of altogether)...only a couple dozen?? Oh wait, your about 40 years younger. You'll have plenty more, maybe some different things (fuel ionization chambers, neutron controlled valve seats, coal tar vaporizers)....
clappy.gif

Hi all, haven't wrote in a while but I had to tell you all what I picked up. I got a 44A from Joes Outdoor Power. Good condition, just one weld spot at a back wheel bracket. $47.00 And a 3hr round trip to get it. The blades, spindles and belt were all in good shape so on the 1250 it went. Mowed today and did great! I didn't even have to sharpen the blades.
194176.jpg

Art, Vince, & Kraig - Reading your conversation about the SO76 makes me laugh, because I went through a similar conversation when I bought some wheel weights a couple years ago. I was so dang confused, I tried to buy them from the wrong person. In fact, I'm still not sure whose they were and who I bought 'em from!

Gerry & Matt
Am I dealing with a couple of "Wisenhimmers" here or what? The choke shaft had to be removed to repair the bracket on the live end. It twisted loose from the shaft. I milled off the braded end, drilled and tapped end of shaft then reattached bracket with machine screw, lock washer, and a little lock-tite. Throttle shaft was was removed to insert bushing. It was worn bad enough to let air into the carb rendering low idle speed adjustment useless and causing motor to "lope". As for the removal of the main jet seat, mission accomplished with the help of my oversized ease out. Remember guys, when a fellow "cubber" asks for a little help he isn't trolling for wisecracks. Thanks

TGW: Touchy...Touchy...When working on these old 35-40 year old IH Cub Cadets we all often have to ask about areas where we have no experience and there's nothing in the manual... When experienced members post responses, and maybe are even constructively critical, you should take their advice with a bit of grace and learn from them...That others posted their own experiences which differ from what you have done doesn't make for "wisenheimers" (BTW: it's heimers not himmers - nicht sprechen sie Deutch??), it makes someone trying to provide you with some guidance... Had you provided full details about that choke shaft ball situation in the first place (repair of the broken tab) you would likely have gotten a different answer... otherwise no one removes that shaft and detent ball/spring.. they are just lubed... You see...none of us have crystal balls and can see your problem without complete details...
old.gif

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Hi, guys. Does anybody know what size decks were available for the 100 ? There is a deck on a 100 that I just bought, the gauge wheel bracket rubs on the outside of the tire, so before I start "adjusting" I want to make sure the deck goes with the tractor, can`t find the ser tag, I can see the rivets where it was on the deck, both outboard ends are cast, thanks.....Lyle

GERRY - I'd seen that video before, and I think it was here. Hope the guy adds a 50" frt mower deck, then he can program it to mow his yard too.
destroy.gif

My very first post. Lots of questions about my new (used) 1863 cub. I love the thing. first real mower I've ever had. Sure would like some accessories like a snow blade, power broom, and tiller but seems like no one wants to get rid of the ones they have. Are they that hard to come by?

Wesley:
Welcome to the forum!! Not trying to brush you off, but since the 1863 was built after '81, postings regarding it (and more responses about it) should be put here. Keeps the boss happier, too....
clappy.gif

As usual, two minutes behind the times.......(just got up because my ears were burning..)

Lyle B., there were only 2 decks available when the 100 was sold. They either had a 38" or 42" cast end deck. The 38" required 6-12 rear tires where the 42" had enough clearance for the 8.50-12. A few years later a 48" deck was available for the 1x2,3 series that would work on it.

Lyle B.
Click the Cub Cadet Parts look up button above and enter in the model 70. It will then show you the 70 & 100 and click the attachments button.
thumbsup.gif

Wesley, Welcome
groupwave.gif
It's great that your excited about your tractor. However the forum you should post in is CCC and MTD Machines & Equipment.

under edit, I really do type to slow

Wes, The holes are there for the mounts of a 2 blade timed deck from an original so really there are three deck that could be used on a 100.
happy.gif

I pulled the engine on my 128. In taking the front PTO off I somehow knocked one of the pressure plates loose.
Is there a way to adjust it without a gauge. I only have a narrow front gauge, and not a wide front. Or a non-brake gauge and not a brake gauge. ????

TG-

I wasn't trying to be a smart@$$, sorry if I came across that way. The only reason to remove that emulsion tube is if it is damaged, and usually those aren't. None of mine have been. Choke shafts wear if there are tons and tons of hours on the engine, yet I've never had one worn loose enough to cause a problem. I've never seen/heard of one that broke like yours did. You've encountered situations that most of us have not.

DAVE - Forget why but we discussed here maybe a year ago, the 38" 2-blade timed deck was "Only Recommended" for use on the 70, not the 100. Evidently the little V-belt running from the center idler pulley to the right hand spindle didn't handle the extra HP well.

But you're correct, it'd fit fine and run a long time on a 100. I will admit that swapping attachments on the 72 w/Quick-attach mule drive is a great deal faster than it is on the 70.

WES - The factory original 6-12 tires on my 70 have grooves cut in the outside edges of the lugs from running a 38" CI-end deck for many years. The next version of the 3-blade 38" deck had the gauge wheels mounted inside the tractor's rear tires and was a huge improvement IMHO.

I think it's pretty neat the way IH kept improving implement mounting on CC's while still keeping things compatible from model to model. At least until the WF's came out.

Gary Camille
the three bolts on the PTO I have found that if you can still see three threads from the nuts to the end , then you will find that works. I don`t use the gauge anymore just count the threads.
old.gif

Latest posts

Back