• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through January 22, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ryan & Ryan B: Welcome.... Be sure you read all the FAQs both here and Charlies FAQ. Especially important for the Quiet Line Models (like yours) is the engine Iso-Bar mount upgrade (I did mine)....Go to the colored boxes above and subscribe to the Cadet Connection, and from Binder Books, or other sponsor, order the Operators Manual, Service Manual and Parts Manual for the Model 1200. New decals are also available several sponsored sources including CC Specialties & CC Classics...

Myron B
www.CCSupplyRoom.com

Speaking of the quietline iso-bar mount modification that Myron just mentioned... As I continue the restoration of my grandson's 1250, I've done the modification (added the cross-support) and still trying to decide whether to replace the rubber iso mounts, or go with the solid mounts. Although I have a mower deck for the tractor, I'm not sure it'll be used as a mower; more likely used for plowing, trailering, etc. What do you guys think about this? Just how much vibration are we talking about if I use solid mounts instead of rubber iso mounts? My gut feeling is that it's a 30 year old tractor, so I'm not expecting a luxury ride. If I choose the solid mounts will the vibration be severe enough to cause damage to any other tractor parts?

I do have some time left to decide - I just started the electrolysis method of rust removal for some of the smaller parts. Seems to be amazingly effective. I'm even considering building a tub large enough to hold the frame, although there's not really that much rust on the frame. I guess time will tell...

Greg Lippert (Glippert)If I choose the solid mounts will the vibration be severe enough to cause damage to any other tractor parts? ,,, just a thought, my 149 don`t have iso mounts and it depends on the throttle setting how much vibration i get with the cub, if i had one (cub ) here that needed the rubber mounts replaced i would try it without and see what it would be like. just my .02 Later Don T
old.gif

Yes I'm doing the iso reinforcement bar also, but my iso mounts are in good shape and am going to use them. Whats the best way for long term storage for a k321, I had it rebuilt and know it has low hours, used it a couple summers. I'm using the one that was told has low hours, it had the wrong muffler, no brake on pto, so I'm thinking they may have cut corners in the rebuild.

DALE M. - S/G brackets....Don't know what to tell Ya, When I put the K241 in the 72 to replace the K181 replacement engine that was in it I drilled one hole to bolt the only bracket I had to fit the bracket on the K241 and space the bracket over so the belt lined up properly, the same bracket is on My K321 in the 72 now with no changes except for a coat of paint. The casting the brackets are made from are the same but the mounting hole spacing to bolt to the block are different. That 86 bracket looks like they had to change the casting pattern to add iron on the one end.

When I get out in the shop sometime today I'll check My parts book and compare pt #'s. But I don;t have a WF parts book. If I get time I'll check the parts look-up.

JERRY B. - The wheel on that Cubbie Jonathan posted looks like a Cub frt wheel but the spindle cover over the wheel bearings looks like it's from an Allis-Chalmers, with a OCTAGON shape for removing with a wrench, threaded onto the hub. And I can't fnd a close-up pic of the CUB frt wheel to say for sure but I think they used a little stamped steel cover with three small capscrews like every other FARMALL. Those hbs could be off something like an Allis G. C. B, etc. And if You take the tires off the rims I bet You'll find the stamped letters "EWC" around the valve stem hole someplace and some numbers like 2.75 x 12. But That's just a guess.
happy.gif

Gee Kraig,
I know you're just cropping down larger photos, but a fellow could get the idea that you have a tire fettish
clappy.gif

Greg L.-

If it's a hydro and you're going to be using it, I'd keep the iso-mounts. They will last longer with the crossmemember added in. When I put them in the 1650 I no longer own, they made it almost as smooth as a 782 at full throttle. You won't break anything by going to solid mounts, but I think the "QL rattle" would be worse with solid mounts than with the iso-mounts.

Oh, Gotcha!

BTW, the Original I was speaking of in the attachment catalog is in towards the end of the catalog. You might miss it because of the decals.

Keith, you mean the one with the side mount AC generator, the Original with the 70/100 decal?

KEITH - I don't know if I'd call it a "Fettish", kinda gives people the wrong idea, but I take tires, wheels, & rims pretty seriously. Last job I had at FARMALL was spending about $70 Million of IHC's money every year for them. Quite a bit of that business has changed in those 27 years but an awful lot has stayed the same. Just ONE person or company owns most of the players now. Rear farm tires used to be made by Goodyear, Goodrich, Firestone, & Armstrong. Same Guy owns Armstrong & Goodyear now, Michelin bought Goodrich, and Firestone still makes the best rear farm tires. Rims & wheels used to be Electic Wheel Co which was a division of Firestone, now it's Titan Wheel owned by the same Guy who owns Armstrong & GY, and French & Hecht which was owned by Kelsey-Hayes, div. of Fruehauf. I think Titan Wheel took what they wanted from that organization and threw away the rest.

Oh well.....That's PROGRESS RIGHT?

JERRY - It's all in the archives over at the RPM forum. Maybe one of My fellow Cheeseheads will put it in a book someday.

Hank Will was twisting My arm pretty good about starting to write that stuff down a couple years ago. I think He was just tired of writing over HALF of the magazine every two months.

12 inch tires on the front of a cub cadet aint all that hard of a conversion.
5 lug version
113725.jpg

113726.jpg

Single spindle version
113727.jpg

Dennis F Talking about Firestone AG I agree 23* are the rear ag tire. Have U checked out there Firestone/ Michlein comparison @ tread to tread.com ? Warning they use the wrong color tractors...

PAUL - Yep, of ALL places it was on RPM.... The new Michelin rear ag tire looks "Tough" but Firestone built "The Machine" back in the 1960's to create the 23 deg. lug. It was a test vehicle tractors pulled to understand better how tires work. CAT even used something similar to develope the rubber tracks for the Challenger.
I'm surprised Firestone didn't use a Case/IH in the add...everybody knows a JD doesn't have enough Ummph to cause wheel spin. Just like with cavitation erosion in diesel engines....JD's don't have it because they don't make enough cyl. pressure.. Well, enough picking on JD....they're laying off 1200-1500 on the construction division side of their world. Davenport & Dubuque mostly. And then a few at plants that feed those two like Cylinder Works & Components & Engine Works.

Latest posts

Back