• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through January 22, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when you guys restore your tractor, how you get engine ID tags so clean, mine is almost gone, a lot of people's look brand new!
113730.jpg

for the record the overspray was from the PO!

Matt S., click on CC Specialties at the top of this page. Then click on engine/exhaust and scroll down the page. Get a "new" id tag, and it will "look" new !

Hey guys, Thanks for the warm welcome. Ryan and I pulled the deck out from under Cubby this afternoon and noticed 3 or 4 small holes (dime size) where the rust had eaten through near the front. We'll dig into it more tomorrow and figure out the best plan for repair....lots of archive here to read through,..
coffee.gif

Brian

I was wondering if someone can post of photo of what the hinge part on the inside of a 129 (or similar) tractor looks like? I think the PO did some jury rigging... I see a couple weld marks on one end. And the hinge is falling apart. I havent come across any hinge parts on any of the websites... anyone got any suggestions or is this going to be something I'll have to fab up?

Tristan, what hinge part are you talking about? The hood? I have a 129 and can take a pic for you. Let me know of what exactly.

Kraig,I was strolling through the archives and found this picture of your "O". Could you tell me what the hole is I indicated. Is it some type of breather hole for the rear end?
113744.jpg

"It's all in the archives over at the RPM forum."

I keep hearing about this place. Where is it? Is this the "other side of the tracks" as some phase it? If so, where is that?

Brennan - "redpowermagazine.com"

I don't go "Across the street" although I do snoop "Across the railroad tracks" at the JD site sometimes. Those Guys are sooooooooo silly. Most of those Guys have more $$$$ wrapped up on one tractor than I have in ALL three of My Cubbies. This morning they're discussing "How many wheel weights are too many and put too much stress on their rear axles and how much weight should they put in their rear weight boxes."

Lets see.....I saw Wyatt's 169 one day with FOUR sets of wheel weights, 200+ pounds, plus 5 suitcase weights on a rear weight bracket, 210#, Plus WYATT....200+# standing on the rear suitcase weights jumping up & down bouncing the frt wheels off the ground. And I nomally run 75-100# per rear wheel for just mowing the lawn. I'd run more wheel weights if I had them. I'll only run frame weights when I need them.

Matt,
Those serial tags quite possibly ARE brand new, although there are some really nice original ones out there. CC Specialties used to be able to get them stamped. I sent them my old K161 tag and got a new one stamped up.

Back