• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

782D journey

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally, I had enough time to devote to finish this project after the parts arrived. It went together fairly well. While it was apart, I replaced the water pump belt, and the fan belt. The fan belt was the original one, and was ready to come apart.

The old worn driveshaft:

OLDSHAFT.jpg

New crank coupler bushing installed:

BUSHINGNEW.jpg

Completed driveshaft with mostly new parts:

NEWSHAFT.jpg

NOS Kubota alternator belt:

ALTBELT.jpg

New fan belt:

FANBELT.jpg

Did ya wipe out rear case and clean pickup screen, and clean vent and reseal dipstick ???
I have not touched the transaxle yet. This one is so smooth, responsive, and quiet, I kinda hate to delve into it. One thing that will make it difficult is the 3 point hitch. The hydro filter is an old one with the IH logo on it, so at minimum it should get a new filter.

Those rag joint bolts are WAY too tight. Tighten them until they just slightly start to deform. One pair of bolts looks too short too; might need to replace those so you will still have enough threads showing through the nut when they are tightened properly.

Finally, I had enough time to devote to finish this project after the parts arrived. It went together fairly well. While it was apart, I replaced the water pump belt, and the fan belt. The fan belt was the original one, and was ready to come apart.

The old worn driveshaft:

View attachment 152783

View attachment 152784

View attachment 152785

View attachment 152786

New fan belt:

View attachment 152787
You need to install a star washer under the three wire ground on front left upright radiator support and the rubber joints on driveshaft are too tight over squished !!! The rest look great 👍

The old worn driveshaft:

View attachment 152783

View attachment 152784

View attachment 152785

View attachment 152786

New fan belt:

View attachment 152787
I’ve welded up a lot of those shafts and then tempered them !!!

Latest posts

Back