• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

73 cub 128 k301 advice

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchel daniel

kohler k301 question? this is in a 73 cub 128.
during and after cutting grass the gas in the fuel tank starts boiling.
not in the carb but the tank itself.
i have tried to read other threads.
should i have a heat shield between the top of the engine and bottom of the tank?
or is more of a valve sticking issue?
there are no shields on anything.
it runs great and starts up easily and the only other issue i have had with it is randomly if i start it to use it for something for less than 10 minutes it backfires when i turn it off but if i run for an hour to cut my yard i have no problems except i have noticed the fuel boiling in the fuel tank.
the vent hole on the gas cap seems to be clear.
any opinions will be helpful.

A mouse house under the blower housing it may have yes indeed. All heat sheilds must be in place. The points are not set correctly may be too far advanced. Do a static timing on the points.

thanks for the reply.
when i got this thing it had no heat shields.
i work for a hvac company as a pipefitter welder so making a shield is not a problem.
anyone have a pic of how the original looked so i can duplicate it for a starting point.
love my old stuff and have always had to deal with what the previous owner did or didnt do but this is my first cub much less a garden tractor.
thanks for any advice.

Latest posts

Back