• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

3 Spool Control Valve & QL Cylinder, Rear Lift

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 Spool Control Valve & QL Cylinder, Rear Independent Lift

Hello: All, I'm sure this may have been covered before but I have not been able to find anyone that has actually completed this modification and posted how it was done.

I have a 1450 where I would like to install a JD140H3 / 3 Spool Control Valve, with Levers on the left side of the Tower and a QL Cylinder placed between the Frame and Transaxle than connecting the Cylinder Ram to the Rear Lift Lever.

The Tractor Modification:
1. The Stock Lift /Mower/Blade & Blower.
2. One for the Rear connected to the Lever Lift.
3. Install a 3 Spool Valve.
4. Move Hydraulic Valve Levers to left side of Tower.

I have measured the space between and it appears that the Cylinder from a QL may fit in-between without obstruction. The Cylinder Ram connects to the Lift Lever which looks to be a 1/2” bolt & if not the hole could be modified to fit on the Cylinder Ram. I'm thinking the Cylinder side could be mounted with a class 8 Bolt at the correct length with a drilled hole reinforced on the frame which could pivot.

JOhn Deere 3 spool control valve, ( from JD140H3 /400 Series) Valve-1/ Stock Lift, Valve-2 / Front Hydraulic Quick Connects, Valve -3 w/float / Rear Hydraulic Cylinder.
I would really appreciate if anyone has completed this Modification and/or can provide any additional information including thoughts if it could work, pitfalls and other suggestions.

1. What was the Plan?
2. Will it actually work?
3. QL Cylinder issues ?
4. What additional modifications updates or suggestions?

My regular Email is "[email protected]" if that is easier.

I would really appreciate any assistance, information and suggestions.

Thank You All, BOB

Attachments

• IMG_6863.mov
    8.9 MB
Back