• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

1450 start problem

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meitral

Hi,

I'm new here, my father restored an old 1450 and it was working well until a month ago when i had to change the coil. Once the new one installed i'Ve been able to mow my lawn once. We've received lots of rain lately and yesterday it was sunny and my objective was to do the grass before the kids party. Well, it ran 4 or 5 min and stopped, just before, It sounded like it was missing fuel. Fuel was ok.

There was no fire again, checked the coil but it was ok, checked the condenser and it doesnt seem to charge up, so tomorow i'll try to find one at the local store.

When i first checked the coil, i saw that the 3 wire connector to the rectifier was not pushed enough, my guess is that it may have moved with vibration, but could that be the reason i had the problem ?

I have splitted open the connector and pluged each wire separatly to the rectifier to be sure that they wont fall again. Now, im trying to find the part number of this cable and havent found anything that looks like it. This cable connect into the rectifier and has 2 wire going to the point (i think) and one to the positive starter.

I'm not a fuel motor mechanic, i know some stuff but not the best , was electromechanic/insdustrial mechanic a few years ago before health problem and now im a computer analyst.

I'm from Quebec, Canada, french canadian, sorry for my bad english, doing my best.

Thank you

Hi,

I'm new here, my father restored an old 1450 and it was working well until a month ago when i had to change the coil. Once the new one installed i'Ve been able to mow my lawn once. We've received lots of rain lately and yesterday it was sunny and my objective was to do the grass before the kids party. Well, it ran 4 or 5 min and stopped, just before, It sounded like it was missing fuel. Fuel was ok.

There was no fire again, checked the coil but it was ok, checked the condenser and it doesnt seem to charge up, so tomorow i'll try to find one at the local store.

When i first checked the coil, i saw that the 3 wire connector to the rectifier was not pushed enough, my guess is that it may have moved with vibration, but could that be the reason i had the problem ?

I have splitted open the connector and pluged each wire separatly to the rectifier to be sure that they wont fall again. Now, im trying to find the part number of this cable and havent found anything that looks like it. This cable connect into the rectifier and has 2 wire going to the point (i think) and one to the positive starter.

I'm not a fuel motor mechanic, i know some stuff but not the best , was electromechanic/insdustrial mechanic a few years ago before health problem and now im a computer analyst.

I'm from Quebec, Canada, french canadian, sorry for my bad english, doing my best.

Thank you
First I would do is to wiggle the PTO switch under the dash while trying to start it. All power goes thru the switch and they are know to have issues with corrosion at the switch.

-----------------------------------------------
La première chose que je ferais serait de remuer l'interrupteur de prise de force sous le tableau de bord tout en essayant de le démarrer. Toute l’alimentation passe par l’interrupteur et on sait qu’ils ont des problèmes de corrosion au niveau de l’interrupteur.

Back