• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

1250 restoration questions.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Lamp

Hey everyone, I believe the plan now is for me to swap the motor out of my 1200 into the 1250, I have a few questions about the hydro trans. Does anyone have any videos or info on a refresh for the trans? I’m taking down the 1250 to the frame to clean everything and possibly throw some paint on it. While I have it torn down I would like to service the hydro and even possibly add a lift to it. How can I see if I can add a hydro lift? I understand that some do not have the ports to add a lift but I don’t know where those ports would be. I’m not super skilled mechanically so I’m not trying to open the trans up too much but if there are seals I can replace easily I would like to do as much as I can. Thanks.

70639716068__F03BCFAE-A978-4111-90F3-E33386699F50.jpeg

Hey everyone, I believe the plan now is for me to swap the motor out of my 1200 into the 1250, I have a few questions about the hydro trans. Does anyone have any videos or info on a refresh for the trans? I’m taking down the 1250 to the frame to clean everything and possibly throw some paint on it. While I have it torn down I would like to service the hydro and even possibly add a lift to it. How can I see if I can add a hydro lift? I understand that some do not have the ports to add a lift but I don’t know where those ports would be. I’m not super skilled mechanically so I’m not trying to open the trans up too much but if there are seals I can replace easily I would like to do as much as I can. Thanks.
You would time and money ahead to just change your the hydro pump for a ported one.
Rob Houtz (sponsor) can fix you up.
https://cubcadetusedparts.com/

You would time and money ahead to just change your the hydro pump for a ported one.
Rob Houtz (sponsor) can fix you up.
https://cubcadetusedparts.com/
Sorry for my ignorance but would I just need to switch out the entire trans to get the ports? Or is there a possibility that it has the ports if it came factory with a manual lift? Not entirely sure what I’m looking at and this is my first hydro tractor.

Sorry for my ignorance but would I just need to switch out the entire trans to get the ports? Or is there a possibility that it has the ports if it came factory with a manual lift? Not entirely sure what I’m looking at and this is my first hydro tractor.
Give Rob a call, he'll walk/talk ya thru it. 👍

Latest posts

Back