• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Cub Cadet 3206

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Seidelman

displayname
JudgeDredd1957
I have a Cub Cadet 3206 with a Kohler 22 hp 2-cylinder air-cooled V-twin OHV, Serial Number IE 2416-20034 Factory Number 652, purchased on 07-01-2001 by my dad, now my lawn mower, I used this mower for one year and it was always hard to start, Full choke and full throttle. Several months ago it would not start (No spark). so far I have replaced both ignition coils, both spark plugs, the voltage regulator and the 12 volt relay. still no spark. I can't figure this thing out....getting frustrated

thumbnail_20211009_170157.jpg

Attachments

• thumbnail_20211009_170214.jpg
    thumbnail_20211009_170214.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 87
Ray, Seat safety switch seems to be working fine, I must also push brake pedal down to start lawnmower to it appears that switch is also ok, is there a third safety switch on PTO. ?

If the motor turns over, all the safeties are good. As Gary said, unhook the whit kill wires on the mags and crank it. If you have spark, then you have a short or failed ignition switch. Do the CH's have the diodes in the kill circuit like the Vanguards? If they do, you could have a shorted diode causing your issue.

I have the exact same mower with the same problem! But I found out what was wrong with mine ! It was out of time ! Sheared pin on the flywheel!

I have had trouble intermittently with my 2185. That era of 2000 and 3000 series are good mowers but have some inherent issues. Ignition switch can be a problem as well as the various safety switches. Also if those sit for long the carburetor seems to dry out and they take a while to get gas up to them. An electric fuel pump might take care of that issue.

Don't give up, you will figure it out.

Latest posts

Back