• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

71 K161 carburetor linkage setup

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KAYAKER2

displayname
KAYAKER2
I can not show pictures right now of what I have done wrong. Could someone show a closeup up a correct K161 carburetor linkage setup? I am looking for my single cyl. mini tachometer that runs off spark-plug signal. that i have used on outboard motors.
With just a short muffler stub The engine sounds like it wants to runaway. I believe . the governor is doing its job but my throttle adjustment is way off. I can not get it to run at half throttle, wide open or idle only
1686907878026.png

Is there a spring I do not see to help return governor?
All my tools and parts are at my new house now
I had to call in the Son in law, with his zero turn hovercraft

once i got he deck all lubricated up and put back on the mower and put a load on the engine and the governor did what it was supposed to do. Nothing I did other than tightened the throttle cable clamp a bit. Mows well but the old S/G belt is worn so off to the Cub Cadet dealer near me in Wilmington Il. Wifes going. I wait till she sees the price of some of Zero turns like my Daughters.

Latest posts

Back