• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Wire routing for 129 tail lights

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrindfleisch

displayname
Mike Rindfleisch
Hello, I am wondering about how to route the wires for the tail lights on a 129. The problem is that I can’t find a sensible way to run the hot taillight wire in the battery compartment to the little tail light harness and a place to put those wires that doesn’t expose them to chafing or tangling in moving parts (lift linkages, tires, etc.). I have examined all the sheet metal in that area and can find no passage holes. Thanks for any advice. Mike

The wire harness should run along the right hand side of the frame rail. Here's a screen capture from the Cub Cadet Parts Lookup. Which hopefully will give you some idea on how it should be routed. Item #11 is the voltage regulator which is in the battery box under the seat. Items #8 and #9 are wire clips.

129 Wire.jpg

This is a section from the service manual covering how to remove the fender deck. Note the wires connecting to the top terminals of the voltage regulator. I believe those include the wires for the lights.

Serv_Man_86-1650_2-25a.jpg

Back