• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Why does nobody want these things?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BHAM

I had to get rid of some of my cubs and jd garden tractors this summer. Initially I had them up for sale extremely cheap. Nobody even gave me an offer. I said whoever wanted them could have them free. A jd 300 a jd 216 a Cub cadet 126 and Cub 129. A guy took the 129 but no interest in the 300, 216, or 126. YouTuber Taryl fixes all lives down the road from me I told him they are free. He said he already had too many projects. I sold a couple parts to my buddies and had to scrap them out. How come these things arnt collectible like they used to be? I had to scrap tons of parts and engines too. Even my old lawn boy push mowers.

Most everyone under about 45 years of age were raised to believe things to be disposable rather than serviceable, and most everyone older than that (+generally interested) is probably already out of shop space/storage space too! 😥
Knowledge & fix-it skills are endangered species, I fear.
🚜💨💨💨
-C3

How many times have we read in these forums, when a tractor is posted for sale, "I wish i lived closer".. I think thats the key to this problem. ;)

I've also come across the same problem, trying to find a willing buyer, or even trying to give something away for free. I believe the root cause is: This hobby is just very small. There *are* people who want them! But not very many people. And the odds of finding one of those few people **within driving distance** are very low. There might be five people (just to pick a random hypothetical number) who would love to have them! But all five live too far away. And vintage tractors are almost never worth shipping, so they are always "local pickup only" ..

So, IMO, the buyers exist, they are out there.. but the odds of finding one that also happens to live close by, are low..that's the challenge. Vintage garden tractors is actually a very small niche hobby.

Scot

Back