• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

oil capacity question

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCLivingston

Afternoon all! I changed the oil on my 1967 102. Ran the machine for twenty minutes, drained the oil (which I observed, and I was a bit concerned that the amount that came out was less thasn expected) and after consulting my manual, put a quart of straight 30 weight into the filler dipstick tube. Let it sit for a few minutes and checked the oil level. The dipstick was wiped clean and pushed down all the way as per the manual and now reads just a shade over the F. Everything I read, manual, forums, says the engine should take a quart and a half. But mine is full at 1 quart. I ran the machine for a minute, shut it down, then let it sit for an hour, then checked the oil. Once again, clean dipstick, pushed in all the way. Still reads Full. I have a rectangular oil pan, with the bolt heads sitting below the flat pan bottom by the thickness of their heads. Is my engine not the 10 horse perhaps? It looks like a K241AS. It runs beautifully, but should I be concerned that I can't get more than a quart into it?

Latest posts

Back