• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Ignition switch connector

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curt Doles

IHCC Supporter
I'm working on a 2284 and discovered the ignition switch no longer had the molded connector. Instead the wires were stake ons and individually connected and taped.
I searched for that connector with no luck. Are those replaceable? Any idea on a part number? Do I need a tool to release the pins? I had one of those connection short to one next door, took out the 30 Amp fuse.

You may contact one of the sponsors above and find a good used one.
Or find some insulated female terminals like these.

DSCF0899.jpg

Last edited:
A very small flat blade screwdriver will release the terminals from the connector. Google "Packard 56 5-pin connector shell" and you should be able to find a variety of sources.

Awhile back I bought a variety pack of the connectors and terminal ends. The Packard 56 connectors were used on pretty much all Cub Cadets.

A very small flat blade screwdriver will release the terminals from the connector. Google "Packard 56 5-pin connector shell" and you should be able to find a variety of sources.

Awhile back I bought a variety pack of the connectors and terminal ends. The Packard 56 connectors were used on pretty much all Cub Cadets.
I bought a Delphi-Packard 56 kit also to replace a 6-pin connector on my Gravely zero-turn. IHC has used these for decades, even on their light/medium/heavy duty trucks.

Not sure the exact switch you have but you might check with your local Stens dealer. I have used their universal wiring harness for indak switches for repairs when the switch connector gets hot and melts.

Latest posts

Back