• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

ignition and motor mounts

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary noblit

IHCC Supporter
Some discussion recently about ignition switchs..Mine took a dump on the 1650 so removing shows what 49 yrs can do. The burned area of connector was very old so it had been like that for quite sometime...The same being true for engine motor mounts..Engine vibrated really bad especially at shut down.Investigation proved the point.The engine had jumped so much that mount bolts wore holes in the shroud...I don't have any good excuses for ignoring the mounts for over a yr but at least now the engine doesn't shake the whole tractor.It adds to my list of projects to remove engine and modify the mounting bracket to further reduce vibration..It's getting harder to keep up, some days feels like sliding backwards...

Attachments

• 20240831_194514.jpg
    20240831_194514.jpg
    809.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240805_185507.jpg
    20240805_185507.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Those small ones are the cushions/snubbers that the cradle rests on when the PTO is engages and pulls the engine down and should be adjusted according to the spec in the manual when the PTO is not engaged.
New connectors like the burnt one are available as are the Packard type connectors for the ends on the wires.
CarQuest or NAPA should have those or be able to get them.

Back