• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through October 08, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Willie D,
12686.jpg

Hi dear "cub operators"
I had problems with my voltage regulator.After fews verications i decided to change it.But i thinked that i changed it for nothing 'cause;after reconnectiong all the wires (at the right place of course) i reconnected the positive cable at the battery.Surprise!A little spark appear and i clearly heard the contact points operating inside the box,even with the ignition at "off" position!!After a twice verification for wires and tried again.The gen/starter was barely able to spin a turn!So i disconnect again the batt. cable and it was hot a little bit.No doubt now,i got a short somewhere.Can somebody show me the electric diagram on a 100 model?
Seems that i will have an overtime week-end ahead reparing my "faithful"(?)
thx guys.

Ryan-
Ya think "Mom" may have smacked her belly on the rocker-panels of the Chevelle when she was banging on the starter while pregnant with you? Might explain a lot!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Tell her the 914 was just a glorified VW anyway...

Rich-
The Spyders are nice cars, but the insurance on a $250,000 vintage aluminum-bodied race car has got to be a B$$$H! <font size="-2">Not to mention "door-dings" at the local "Pack-n-Save"...</font>

Art-

True, but since it's all pipe dreams anyway, I figured in fantasyland there are no door dings.

Seriously, as a daily driver, an early 80s 911SC would do it for me.

Dear Santa. . .I've mostly been a good boy. . .

Art, my 914/6-GT was NOT a glorified VW, although the body would have been a WHOLE lot better if it were seam welded instead of stitch welded!

PS, I've owned a 911, a 912, three 914's and two 356's - one a Diettren-bodied Roadster. The Roadster was my favorite in every respect but one - maximum performance. That one belonged to the 914/6 hands down, even though I put a 140hp Corvair engine in the Roadster.

Johnny-
At the risk of turning this into a Porsche forum, (as if there isn't enough of those already..) I agree, a 914/6-GT is NOT a glorified VW.
happy.gif

We now return you to your regularly scheduled cub forum....
angel.gif

Upon reviewing the manual and parts guide, I have found that there is no float for my 682.
sad.gif

I noticed that my lift handle moves quite a bit during plowing. Is not haveing a float be a problem on the 682????

Tedd,

No, as the slots in the lift linkage of the 3pt adapter will allow upward float.

Art and John- Agreed,the 914-6 is a whole different game. A friend of mine recently sold a really beautiful 914. A company called Kelly Moss Motorsports brings all of their alignments to our shop,mostly late model 996,993,etc. You thought a narrow frame Cub was a PITA to work on!

Back on topic,is there a central list of PD6 attendees? Mr. Hoffman,will you be there or don't you know yet? I am more than ready cuz <font size="+2">DIESELS RULE,NO MATTER WHAT!</font>

Did someone say Porsche and diesel???

12691.jpg

12692.jpg

Bryan-Now THAT is something you don't see every day! Where was that?

Kevin -

The Lake Co. IL show last month. Sounds nice, too...

<font size="+2">Mr. Hoffman!!</font> Boy I must really rate. Still planning on bein' there.

Tedd,
I had the 582 with the stong arm lift at STD this spring. Worked fine. Will be bringing it again the PD.

(Message edited by thoffman on October 09, 2003)

Well, I guess if the moderator's still talking Porsches.....

I was talking to a collector from Wisconsin who had one of those for sale. He said that implements are standard fare, so you can still make 'em work. Parts are a bust though...

"Hey Don, got a hood emblem for a Porsche Junior?"

I've got a book that's nothing but literature from the 40's and 50's of those old tractors. I'll have to have Kraig scan some pages some day...

Latest posts

Back