• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through January 22, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwhalen

displayname
Michael Whalen
It was my 72 Suburban, but I got a couple other toys and sold it, Hog and a 1982 Jeep CJ8.

113677.jpg

Kraig, That blade set up on the loader is cool. Bet you can make some pretty tall piles with it.
Now if Don will hurry up so we can see a Cub version.
whistling.gif
lol.gif

brendan brigham (Bbrigham) i`am old and slow . everything is planning to me. wear it out thinking ,it pays . but loader needs foot control also, so i have a few plans and wil help our sponsers with some of that Cub funs. 20% dif now. later Don T

Jerry,
The crank on the 86 was longer on the PTO side or back if we talk correctly about the kohler. This allowed the mule drive to align right. The engine clutch side is no different than any other. Just let go of a nice original 86. Gonna be a puller. Hated to see that happen, but had to sell and got no other interest.

hey cubbies! 71 has been starting up great,the cold weather has no effect on him. was a nice day to day and cot the crown vic all put back to geather after loosing a bolt down in the lower intake! are there any tips on leveling my IH 42" push blade by chance?

Thanks Don T.
Starting to get some rust through on my 42" blade but I found a good deal on a 54" and was wandering if I could just swap it onto my A-frame.
That would be sweet!
Anxious to see more pics of yours in progress.

Tim

Hello all,
Were there two different rear rim sizes available for the 70/100 series as a stock tractor?

My rear tires are 8.50's on the 70,but id like to swith to the narrower ones,BUT only if they wer a stock option for these tractors.
One tire was full of water but not the other , Odd huh!
Thanks
Jason

Dennis F., I agree that the spacer in my pic is probably an "86 model only usage". I compared the 86 mount to the the 12hp mount. The spacer is nessasary to fill the space between the S/G mounting ears, and to offset the S/G to line up with the PTO as you stated. Good to know that the 10-16 mounts are the same, thanks!

Hi new guy here. Just looking at purchasing a cub and wondering what you can tell me about it. I do not know the model or year but it is listed as a 1964. From what I can tell so far it looks to be newr than that. Also I cannot find any other pics of the 5 stud front wheels. What are they from all I seen are the type that slip on the spindle. Thanks Jon

113681.jpg

113682.jpg

Jonathan
Shift.gif
WELCOME !!!
That looks like a 122,could be wrong though.
The front wheels arnt stock but I like them!!!
drool.gif

OOOOOH
It also has a creeper gear the little handel in front of the big handel.......Buy it!! I "think" its a 1967,but ill let others chime in on that!!
Nice tractor how does it run and start??
If you buy it post some detail pics of the front wheels,Id like to do that!!!

Art,
Mule drive pulleys and front crossmember/axle are wanting the same space. Another good point is all Wide Frame and Quiet Line Cubs can use the same mule drive. Here is a better view of an
86 with the orginal motor in it
113691.jpg

86 starter generator bracket
113692.jpg

70 starter generator bracket
113693.jpg

70-86 starter generator bracket comparision
113694.jpg

149 starter generator bracket
10 thru 16 hp take the same one(?)
113695.jpg

Jonathan, I an thinking those front rims are farmall cub front rims. Check the wheel weight bolt spacing and mayby a stamping from the maker.Dennis could probably tell by looking at them.

Jonathan get some pics of the front end and the steering spindles I would like to see how exactly they did that. I have a feeling they put power king front hubs on that tractor. I believe they are the same as Farmall cub. Looks neat though. I think I may do that to my 100.

Art -

I'm pretty sure the other cubbers already said as much, but the 86 is unique in that it has a longer crank pto end and a different sg bracket than any other cub, certainly any narrow frame. The 800 crank is similarly long, but then again its tapped on the end to receive retainer capscrew for the electric pto...

I'll look into it, Right now I am talking to the owner through email. I will definatly take more pictures if I buy it.

How does $500 with a shaft driven mower deck and homemade plow sound? Motor supposedly sounds good and dont smoke. Not sure on condition of the deck yet though. And yes he says he does have the air cleaner,

113699.jpg

113700.jpg

Jonathan, welcome!
groupwave.gif
I'm curious about this supposed shaft driven mower deck. If it is shaft driven it's a custom setup as the Cub Cadet decks were belt driven. Also, I agree with Jason, that looks like a 122, though it could also be a 102. If it has a 10hp it's a 102, if it has a 12hp it's a 122. Interesting front tire/wheel setup. I would think those bigger front tires would interfere with any mower deck that was to be installed....

I'm told it has a 12hp engine

If all goes well I will be going to see it this weekend.

Hey Guys,

My son Ryan and I just brought home his first tractor. He is 10 years old and is one very proud young man. He has named his 1976 1200 "Cubby". He starts right up and runs great. We're going to start working on cleaning him up and getting rid of the rust....looks like there is alot of knowledge here. Hopefully we'll be able to offer some help along the way.

http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq346/bburgess_01/IMG_4233.jpg

Hey Guys just Wondrin how do I get 5 lug wheels to work ont he front of my 106?
confused.gif

Latest posts

Back