• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through February 01, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kpeaney

jeff l baker, thank you.
Thought you fellas might like to see the view out my front door.
220560.jpg

220561.jpg

This one is a little snow art in my kitchen window(facing the north)
220562.jpg

Have fun.

KennyP

I recently purchased a 1450. When I picked it up, there were problems starting it. Although, once started, it ran just fine. It will obviously need some TLC but perfect for me. Once I got it home, the same problem occured. I charged the battery, drained the fuel and let it sit in the garage for a couple of days. When I went to start it, nothing, not even cranking. I began to wiggle the PTO switch, and it began clicking. Eventually, I got it to crank. It actually fired right up and ran pretty smooth for sitting for 4 years. I pulled it back in the garage and let it sit for 5 minutes or so. When I went to restart it, nothing. I worked the PTO switch to see if I could get it to the point where it would crank but I quit after 5 minutes or so and figured I would revisit it when I had more time. Any suggestions on where to start?

David K.-

I'd start by cleaning the PTO switch terminals and the connector for it on the wiring harness.

Paul P.-

Are you running the engine at full throttle, 3600 rpm? If not...there's your problem.

Matt Gonitzke

I think he should look at his manual and clean all the grounds and service that 1450 .If you want something dependable you have to clean all the grounds and wire connections. I posted a rust PTO switch just a few days ago and after a good cleaning I don`t have problems. My .02

Paul P,
That Kohler was designed to run that speed.... It won't hurt it, provided it is in good condition... (no knocks etc..) Make sure the governor is working well...

Thanks. That is what I was thinking, but wanted to throw it out to people who have a lot more experience than I do. I plan on changing all fluids and cleaning all terminals as soon as I have free time. Problem is, I have to work everyday.... Really takes away from my free time. Any other suggestions for freshining it up prior to regular use?

David Keefer

Whats the old saying (Rome wasn`t built in a day ). Just do one thing at a time in the evening as you can get ready for that part. Fluid changes will require filter for the hydro and all fluids. Buy what you need a research on how to perform each task so you will have great results. Do it the correct way ! grounds and wiring can be covered another evening. Carb cleaned and possible a new head gasket another night.when your done you will be happy that you did and more familiar with your tractor . One step at a time. My .02
old.gif

Charlie,

Are the coiled spring pins you have the "Heavy" or the "Medium" style. I know the parts lookup for my 149 has some as heavy and some as medium for different areas on the tractor. Probably pretty important for the strongest on the lift rockshaft.

Andrew,

Where were you able to find a new 48 deck housing? I am looking for a 44A for my restoration.

It's snowing like there is no tomorrow in Central IL.....We are in the 12-20" range, and it has probably dropped 2" or more already since it started just before lunch. It's windy, so it's hard to tell, and visibility is 1/4 mile at best....

Finishing the work day from home, and geared up to work from home tomorrow as well....I doubt anyone is going anywhere tomorrow!!!

Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)

Well I have not been lucky with snow to play in with my tractors yet this year. Its snowing here now and the weather people say the end of this storm is down where you are. We are to get snow for two days.
Shift.gif
buttrock.gif
beerchug.gif

Don T, becareful what you wish for...some towns in North Jersey renting out open space for other towns to dump snow they have no room for!
PS: you on dial-up or hi speed net? I have some wild snow pix but would bury you on D/U. A.

Steve
Hannibal, Mo. and Quincy have activated their National Guard units for this blizzard. Just 6" or so now but I don't know how you could measure it in this wind. The nieghbor just blew his driveway clean and put it in my driveway! Guess I'll get to use the FEL this year.

The City of Chicago will be, for the most part, shut down tomorrow.

Saying 16"-20" in this area.

Hanging tight til the morning.

I'm getting pasted here in mid central Ill, guess I'll keep the cubs in and run the 853 Bobcat with heated cab for the next day or so

Just started snowing and wind picked up in the last half hour - Madison, WI.

Been snowing a couple hours here, had to look on the weather channel to see what direction the wind was, it just keeps swirling around the house. All I know for sure is the cat tracks in the back yard are gone and cars are driving slower by the house.

Lewis, excellent video. Good distance which to me means good snow and speed.

Must be nice to have all that snow!!! Here in west central OH I've got a good half inch of ICE, and the worst is just starting!

Latest posts

Back