• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

1996 Cub/MTD 1405 Hydro...no neutral position

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjpeterson

displayname
Tim Peterson
I recently picked up an older Cub Cadet 1405 Series 1000 38" mower that has the foot pedal hydro control. There just doesn't seem to be any adjustability to the fwd/rev controls of the pedal. I essentially have no neutral position, and have to over-use the brakes I feel.
I paid $50 for it, cleaned it up, and I couldn't believe how nice everything is on it yet. Virtually no rust anywhere but the deck wells. Paint is beautiful on it, and Vanguard 14 runs like a champ after I evicted the mice, and tires are like new. I don't see any chatter about these online, so I'm assuming it's one that is better off forgotten, but I plan on taking up to the hunting shack for mowing up there.

Latest posts

Back