• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

1440 flywheel removal

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Wyrick

IHCC Supporter
I purchased a 1440 cyclops and posted pictures a while back. I had to rotate the engine a couple times to start it and decided to investigate. I know that Briggs and Stratton used a plastic pinion gear on the starter and I figured,(hoped), that a couple teeth were bad. Nope - someone installed a steel pinion gear starter on the engine that uses an aluminum flywheel. Yep - several teeth on the flywheel are gone. I will need to replace the flywheel. My questions - in the manuals link - I can't find a service manual for the 1440. I know that it is CCC built and their is info for the 582 that used the B&S engine but was hoping for something a little more specific. Does anyone have a 1440 manual posted? I assume that I will need to pull the engine to replace the flywheel ring gear but haven't dug into disconnecting driveshaft etc. I would appreciate any advice or help. Thanks! John Wyrick

OK - Some internet research located a service manual. I also found out that the flywheel and replacement ring are both NLA. So, I am looking for a flywheel replacement new or used B&S # 808770 flywheel or 391362 replacement ring gear. I am hoping someone here can help me.

Back